Updates and details for Service Tax Registration Procedure Online:
Service tax is a tax is taken from Central Government of India on services provided or to be provided excluding services covered under negative list and considering the Place of Provision. It is an indirect tax wherein the service provider collects the tax on services from service receiver and pays the same to the government of India.
Few services are presently free in public interest via Mega Exemption Notification 25/2012-ST as amended up to date and few services are charged service tax at abated rate as per Notification No. 26/2012-ST as amended up to date.
Presently from 1 June 2016, service tax rate has been increased to consolidated rate at 15% of value of services provided or to be provided. The service tax rate now is consolidated rate as education cess and secondary higher education cess are subsumed with 2% of “Swach Bharat Cess(0.50%)” has been notified by the Government.
Service Tax Registration Procedure:
Listed below are the steps to register for service tax online:
1) Go to the official ACES website
2) Select the option ‘Service tax’
3) Once the user selects the ‘New User’ option, they will be directed to a relevant registration page
4) The assessee has to provide certain details such as name of the unit, designation, phone number, etc, in order to register
5) The user can submit the form once they are done entering the details
6) The user will receive the username and password on the email provided within 24 hours of submitting the details.
Service Tax Registration Form:
One can find the service tax registration form online on ACES. The form is called ‘Form ST 1’ and can be find online once you register with ACES. Listed below are some of the details that you have to fill in the form in order to successfully apply for service tax.
Details of Permanent Account Number
Constitution of applicant
Contact details of the proprietor
Category of registrant
Documents Required for Service Tax Registration:
Listed below are the documents required for service tax registration:
Form ST 1
Copy of PAN card of the assessee
Memorandum of Association
Power of attorney
Stay tuned with us for more updates of “Service Tax Registration Procedure Online @www.aces.gov.in” and keep browsing our site.